Private message, inbox or direct message whatever you call it’s also available on Instagram. We can send the message to another user directly to them. In some case, we need to have a private conversation with another IG user. For example when we need to ask somebody about a sensitive information such as their age perhaps “that’s not polite either :)”.
Instagram photo app announced the presence of features direct message or send a direct message, which is named Instagram Direct in the year 2013. This feature allows users to share photos or videos in private. The contents of the message can only be accessed by the sender and receiver, as well as the direct message on Twitter.
However, Instagram Direct are limited to 15 followers (followers). Instagram mention, the reason that feature can only be enjoyed by followers in limited numbers. Sometimes we just want to share information with specific people.
User’s group with a limit number of people can talk about a photo or a video. Instagram Direct can only load a message together with a photo or video. Unlike direct message on social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, which only contains the message text.
Send a message directly to friends or to some may be a little confused and difficult for new users of your application Instagram. Actually, Instagram itself has made this feature and it’s called Instagram Direct Message. The function of this feature is to facilitate the users to send messages in a private or group you already know or to the old users that follow you. This Instagram feature can send messages like other social networking applications.
The workings of Instagram Direct message itself can be done against a friend or someone who has been a follower in your Instagram account. Meanwhile, to send a message directly to a friend on Instagram, you still need to include and while sending photos or video. Direct message on Instagram can be retrieved from the home screen, you can see the drawer icon on the top right corner when you on the home screen. This drawer icon has a badge too when you have an unread message.
If you can not start the Instagram app please read Installing Instagram On Android first.
How to Read Instagram Private Message / Direct Message
- Open the drawer icon on the top right corner by clicking it, sometimes with number badge that indicates that you have an unread message.
- After you click the drawer icon you will see your private message list if you have one. If you needed to see the detail of every message detail that you received, you can click on the message.
One thing you should consider again that friend you are sending the message must have direct message feature on the Instagram application they use. That’s an easy way to send private messages to friends on Instagram via Instagram Direct message.
How to Send a Private Message / Direct Message On Instagram
- Open the Instagram app and make sure you’re on the look Home
- Tap the icon Instagram Direct On Top Angle
- Tap the + button and upload a photo or video to be included in the message
- Enter the title of the picture you want to send to start a conversation and then scroll down to find a friend who wants to send a message, then tap on their profile photo.
- Finally, tap the top corner of the check icon to send a message.
- To view the replies will be on your Android smartphone notification bar. But if you want to manually check the replies you just need to tap on the icon Instagram Direct Message.
How to Delete Instagram Private Message / Direct Message
- Tap drawer icon at the top right of the news
- Swipe to the left on the conversations you want to delete
- tap Delete
Once you remove it, the conversation will not be seen again in your incoming messages. Please note that this process only removes the conversation for you, but still can be seen by other people involved in it.